Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kofman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I remember years ago when i was on apple watch series 3 and whatever latest iphone was back then and whatever OS versions that was, making siri reminders on apple watch took like 2 seconds for me after saying the command.

Now I am on apple watch series 6 and iphone 13 pro both running latest OS. and for the last few years through the recent apple watch versions and iphones, it seems like it takes longer and longer for the reminder to be made. These days if i hold down the apple watch crown to activate siri and say something like "remind me to _______ tonight" the watch will pretty much say "working on it" for a good 7-8 seconds before the reminder is made. i use siri with apple watch to make reminders many times a day and its pretty annoying that with each WatchOS and ios and watch/iphone models it gets slower and slower.

anyone else notice this?

on a side note, my phone is fine, it almost instantly makes the reminder if with siri its just when i do it from the watch its INCREDIBLY slow. compared to almost instant a few years ago

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I remember years ago when i was on apple watch series 3 and whatever latest iphone was back then and whatever OS versions that was, making siri reminders on apple watch took like 2 seconds for me after saying the command.

Now I am on apple watch series 6 and iphone 13 pro both running latest OS. and for the last few years through the recent apple watch versions and iphones, it seems like it takes longer and longer for the reminder to be made. These days if i hold down the apple watch crown to activate siri and say something like "remind me to _______ tonight" the watch will pretty much say "working on it" for a good 7-8 seconds before the reminder is made. i use siri with apple watch to make reminders many times a day and its pretty annoying that with each WatchOS and ios and watch/iphone models it gets slower and slower.

anyone else notice this?

on a side note, my phone is fine, it almost instantly makes the reminder if with siri its just when i do it from the watch its INCREDIBLY slow. compared to almost instant a few years ago
I just asked Siri on my watch for a reminder and she took about two seconds to indicate it was done. Perhaps you're having some issue with your Apple Watch or the connection to your phone. Recently on my phone I had a problem where if I asked Siri to text someone she would take three times as long as normal but that went away. I'm not sure if it was an update or whatever glitch fixed itself. Siri is usually a hot mess so I don't expect much from her.

TorbenIbsen

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2021
Same hardware and issue here. - I have given up on using Siri on the Apple Watch. - Sad, because due to short span memory issues I need to dictate things to remember all the time. - So I have moved to use the app "Drafts". It works on Mac, iPhone, iPad AND Apple Watch. - So I simply dictate things to this app on my Apple Watch and it then turns up as typed text on all the other devices (I use iCloud). It works very well and I now simply have a habit of checking my Drafts notes on a daily basis. - Not everything in the world needs to end up in the Apple Reminders app, so this has turned out to be a good solution. - Drafts is free in the limited, but useful version I use. But you can buy more features.

kofman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2009
ive posted in multiple places and it seems like S7 and S8 dont have this issue and S6 like mine does :(

Reactions: James.K.Polk

kofman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I find Siri almost unusable on my series 5. If it responds to me at all it takes forever
planned obsolescence? i remember whenever i had the latest apple watch it would be fast. now that im 2 generations behind, its slow.

garrisos

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2009
VA

anyone else notice this?

Yes, I have the same issue. Iwatch Series 6, IOs 10.3.1 And iPhone 13 , IOs 17.2.1, Most of the reminders created from the I watch do not work correctly and I have to try a 2-3 times before it will. Also when accessing the reminder from my iphone it take FOREVER for them to populate. I have tried deleting all data and restoring but nothing seems to work and I just suc it up! So…. Trying again to locate a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.