Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
Hello

There entire devices from Mac iPhones iPods everything run on BLE 5.0 the new iPad however runs on 4.2 for some reason I don't know that is the 2021 WTH.

None run on 5.1 or 5.2 what so ever why why why ...... Even there 10,000$ Mac Pro runs on 5.0 there entire line up runs on 5.0 I think with the 14 could change big time the iPhone The iPhone 7 had BLE 4.2 But on the iPhone 5 they had Bluetooth 4.0 on the 6 however they switched to 4.2 and that was only a year after they launched the 5 -:(

I have an 8 Plus with the same Bluetooth as the 13

As we can see here

Apart from 5G / Wifi / Ultra Wideband / Power Reserve / Gig LTE / GPS /

The rest I have.

Also BLE is so bigger than 5.0 in terms of what It can do

We could see it it switch between devices seamless without an issues right ? :) ....

The inclusion of Isochronous Channels introduces a “Dual-Audio feature” that should allow multiple paired devices to operate from a single source. So maybe we might see some exciting set of consumer audio devices that can listen across TV, Laptop, or audio devices without the current switching technique. So, to summarize, the three main features are as follows:

• Isochronous Channels (ISOC)
  • LE Power Control (LEPC)
  • Enhanced Attribute Protocol (EATT)

But they never even went to 5.1. Even the new Bose QC 45's have 5.2 and that launched this month I really don't understand :( Surely the BLE is the major one you want to change ...

Any thoughts :O

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 18.53.15.png

Last edited:
Reactions: magicMac

Nacket

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Historically, Apple has been slow to adopt new wireless standards compared to other manufacturers. The original iPhone didn’t have 3G even with fairly robust coverage at the time, same with LTE, and the new iPhone models lack Wi-Fi 6E this year. Mind you, 6E is still a relatively new revision with not a lot of routers available. This is par for the course; Apple tends to prioritize battery life, stability, and reliability over cutting-edge features.

htnt7919

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
The reason is cost. There are not many hardware out there support Bluetooth 5.2 right now so i can understand the omission of the feature.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Apple also needs a reliable supply chain for millions of devices. New tech often doesn't start in high numbers right away.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
Apple also needs a reliable supply chain for millions of devices. New tech often doesn't start in high numbers right away.

There entire devices from Mac iPhones iPods everything run on BLE 5.0 the new iPad however runs on 4.2 for some reason I don't know that is the 2021 WTH.

None run on 5.1 or 5.2 what so ever why why why ...... Even there 10,000$ Mac Pro runs on 5.0 there entire line up runs on 5.0 I think with the 14 could change big time the iPhone The iPhone 7 had BLE 4.2 But on the iPhone 5 they had Bluetooth 4.0 on the 6 however they switched to 4.2 ...... Sooooo

JohnnyChuttz

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Apple’s own Bluetooth accessories, Airpods, HomePod, Beats speakers, are all BT 5.0 so they have no reason to include anything higher. For now.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
It’s crazy, no future proofing at all in the iPhone 13 wifi and Bluetooth hardware. LE Audio on 5.2 is set to offer huge improvements to latency and battery life due to the low complexity codec LC3, and in high bandwidth mode offers something close to HD audio over Bluetooth. Apple haven’t got my money this year , I mostly use my phone for music but all the focus is on cameras and screens again.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Because Apple never adopts the latest Broadcom chip. They always wait 12-18 months after launch.

It has nothing to do with supply chain. Samsung has been using BCM4389 since January.

Reactions: jamesrick80

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
It’s crazy, no future proofing at all in the iPhone 13 wifi and Bluetooth hardware. LE Audio on 5.2 is set to offer huge improvements to latency and battery life due to the low complexity codec LC3, and in high bandwidth mode offers something close to HD audio over Bluetooth. Apple haven’t got my money this year , I mostly use my phone for music but all the focus is on cameras and screens again.

Same the one of many reasons I didn't upgrade then you spend 1000% on a 13 just so the 14 has ble 5.2 a brand new chip no notch better hardware possible touchid and your like wtf for people that can only upgrade a couple of years. I can get the 13 and the 14 I choose not too due to no touch id and the same recycled design each year

• Angry
Reactions: magicMac and EPO75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.