Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eshoquert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2023
My iPad was dropped down a flight of stairs and fell on the carpet. My touchscreen is relatively that damaged, probably a few thin cracks through. My iPad bezel, however, is completely destroyed and the screen is coming off the body. Any way I can turn it on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 66

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If your LCD is damaged, then it might be on and you wouldn't know. Try some things which would normally generate sound like activating Siri, or plug some headphones in and press the button to start playing music. When you plug it into your Mac, does it show up?

eshoquert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2023
If your LCD is damaged, then it might be on and you wouldn't know. Try some things which would normally generate sound like activating Siri, or plug some headphones in and press the button to start playing music. When you plug it into your Mac, does it show up?
I’ll try connect my headphones to it as I was listening to some music when it happened. Maybe if I press the resume button on the headphones it might start

Reactions: darngooddesign

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
you likely will not see the true condition of the LCD panel, until you can power it on, and see the screen lit up (assuming it will work at all). With the screen loose like that, you can expect to damage some of the fragile ribbon cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.