Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethanpilz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
So I bought the iPhone 6 Silver 16 GB, but realized I needed more space. So I go return it, and they take it just fine. So I have no phone, and they said they would help me order one there and it'll take about a week to get here. No problem. So, here is where the issue comes in. We try to order a new phone, and I get the message "We found an iPhone order for this phone number.

There's an existing order for the phone number you provided. You can only have one upgrade order per phone number at a time.
You'll be able to place additional iPhone orders once you receive and activate this iPhone." WHAT THE HECK? So I stand there for an hour as they call verizon and NOTHING HAPPENS. It allows me to order on Verizon.net, but why would I wait 3 weeks to get a phone when I can order one from Apple and it'll get here in 1/3 that time? They told me it can take 24-48 hours. This is now about the 56th hour and I'm mad. I called verizon, they said they couldn't do anything, and Apple says that its Verizons problem. People are trying to contact me, I cant respond to them and WHY WOULD I PAY FOR A PHONE I DONT HAVE? I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should go to the verizon store or what but I'm extremely angry because I just hate knowing I don't even have a phone coming.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It can take a while.
Go to a verizon store and see if they can fix it right away.
And next time don't change your mind and order the phone that you need or intend to keep to avoid all these types of issues.
The upgrade reset is never instant.

ethanpilz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Went to the verizon store. Said they couldn't do anything. This is ridiculous. I now have to go 3 weeks without a phone. THANKS VERIZON!!!!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I wouldn't say that it's not instant because it really depends. When I did a return/exchange. They had to process a return first, I got my AT&T Next eligibility back instantly and was able to get a new one on the spot. But of course I ended up returning it the next day due to defects and this time they didn't reset right away. But I purchased the phone device only and it's unlocked.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Went to the verizon store. Said they couldn't do anything. This is ridiculous. I now have to go 3 weeks without a phone. THANKS VERIZON!!!!

It's not necessarily Verizon's fault. You decided at the last minute that you didn't want the 16GB iPhone 6 so you returned it and for a bigger size. Go the Verizon forum on here and see how many people are still waiting for their phone when some of them ordered on the pre-order day (9/12). Most people have to wait 3-4 weeks for their phones.

ethanpilz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
it finally ships this friday. i might be in tears of joy when it arrives. 3 weeks without a phone D:<

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.