Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pentool

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Hi,

I noticed this weird issue that on my 2015 MacBook Pro the middle finer emoji has disappeared. Well, ok, not really, but it has became black. (see attached screenshot). I did not see this issue until maybe 2-3 weeks or so ago...? It worked before just fine. Also, in October I had done a clean install of my system on my MacBook Pro (not using Time Machine). So the system is basically fresh and new.

However, on my 2012 Mac mini, the middle finger emoji is available, and I can also select skin color for it. (see the other attached screenshot).

Any ideas why this might be?

Both Macs running Mojave 10.14.6 with latest patches.

Thanks.

Attachments

• mac-mini.jpg
    mac-mini.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 126
  • macbook-pro.jpg
    macbook-pro.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 63

pentool

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Ok... never mind. When I was looking in FontBook at Apple Color Emoji font on my MacBook Pro, the middle finger was there with all the color options.

So when I opened the emoji picker in any word processor and enhanced to view the emoji window, I had the clear the "Favorites" panel. Even though I have not added any favorites in the past, but once I selected the menu and cleared it, my middle finger was restored.

Odd.

I leave this here in case it might help others in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.