Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

windream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2019
I started to upgrade the system from 10.13.6 to 10.14, the bootrom showed 138.0.0.0.0. Later I clicked on the mojave upgrade, the system became 10.14.4, but my bootrom still stayed at 138.0.0.0.0. I need to manually upgrade. Bootrom?
Thank you for your help.
屏幕快照 2019-04-14 上午12.09.58.png
屏幕快照 2019-04-02 上午12.02.22.png

Soba

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
I started to upgrade the system from 10.13.6 to 10.14, the bootrom showed 138.0.0.0.0. Later I clicked on the mojave upgrade, the system became 10.14.4, but my bootrom still stayed at 138.0.0.0.0. I need to manually upgrade. Bootrom?

You must download and run the full Mojave 10.14.4 installer to install the new BootROM. If you installed 10.14.0 and then updated to 10.14.4, the update installer will not contain the new BootROM.

To download the full installer, you must delete the file "Install macOS Mojave" from your Applications folder. After you delete this file, you can use the App Store to download the 10.14.4 full installer.

When you run the full 10.14.4 installer, you will be prompted immediately to install the 141.0.0.0 BootROM. After this BootROM is installed, you can cancel the Mojave installation.

Last edited:

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Did you use the FULL ( 6.02gb ) installer ? That's what you need to get the new firmware upgrade going.

Sean__Wong

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2018
Thanks all for chipping in

I too had a a completion issue that lefft me stuck at 1.38

For those following check the Post mentioned above. READ THE BIT ABOUT KEEPING IT SIMPLE

Here's a bit of color from my experience. Perhaps since like you dear reader I've been obsessing about My cMP5,1's last stand before retirement.

For My classic Mac Pro 5,1 (cMP5,1) as I have 4 SATA drives and a self configured Fusion drive I was a bit hesitant to push forward until I had found a work around for the missing Boot screen induced by the really very good Sapphire RX580 Metal compatible card. It turns out I could remove most of my risk by removing my RAID and its hosted forest of mounts.

In short I shut down my cMP 5,1 popped open my mac popped the drives out, Restarted and ran the Mojave Updater that was available from the Software updater catalog. Note that because I was a bit lazy I used the DosDude Mojave tool to down load the 6 Gb version.

I then ran the Mojave updater as apple intended and it prompted me to do the firmware as a prerequisite ( note I was already running Mojave for months and several updates. It did some magic and shut down my machine.

I followed the instructions to hold down the power button until the long beep ( with flashing light )
Voila! all automatically ( like a Mac should ) My Mac was back with 1.44.

I shut down and restarted to test and all was good, So shut down and pushed my SATA drives back in and powered up. All Good 24 hours later.

Now waiting for my Wings PX-1 and my Flashed Titan Ridge USB 3 card to arrive on COVID flight USPS from the US.

savick

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2015
I have a Mac Pro 2010 5.1, "Boot Rom" 138.0.0.0.0. Mojave 10.14.6 with double processor.

I download Mojave, and turned off the computer, holding down the power button as long as I heard the sound, and the firmware update did not happen.

[Ho un Mac Pro 2010 5.1, “Boot ROM” 138.0.0.0.0.
Mojave 10.14.6 con doppio processore.

Ho riscaricato Mojave, e spento il computer, tenuto premuto il tasto di accensione finché ho sentito il suono, e l’aggiornamento del firmware non è avvenuto.]

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I have a Mac Pro 2010 5.1, "Boot Rom" 138.0.0.0.0. Mojave 10.14.6 with double processor.

I download Mojave, and turned off the computer, holding down the power button as long as I heard the sound, and the firmware update did not happen.

[Ho un Mac Pro 2010 5.1, “Boot ROM” 138.0.0.0.0.
Mojave 10.14.6 con doppio processore.

Ho riscaricato Mojave, e spento il computer, tenuto premuto il tasto di accensione finché ho sentito il suono, e l’aggiornamento del firmware non è avvenuto.]
Not just "download" the installer, but run it. There will be a screen to tell you to restart the Mac for firmware update. Then you shutdown and hold power button to boot on that one.

Last edited:

savick

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2015
No just "download" the installer, but run it. There will be a screen to tell you to restart the Mac for firmware update. Then you shutdown and hold power button to boot on that one.
As I wrote to you, I turned off the computer, pressed the power button, after hearing the sound, then the Mac started, but the firmware did not update.

tommy chen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2018
As I wrote to you, I turned off the computer, pressed the power button, after hearing the sound, then the Mac started, but the firmware did not update.

run the 10.14.6 fullinstaller - when prompted, you must enter your password and turn off the computer.
then press the power button until the LED flashes and a whistle sounds - then release the start button.
during the bootROM update the DVD tray will open and close again.
after booting you can start the installer again and update the system.

Reactions: savick and h9826790
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.