Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
What I'm saying is that if a lot of customers want 128gb entry then why not just give that?

Because Apple #1 concern is to its shareholders. Not its customers.

128gb is not an entry level storage for any the major phone players, yet. One day, it will...but it won't be for a while.

So why would Apple set the early precedent and give the entry level model iPhone 128gb? Doing so would hurt sales for the higher 256gb and 512gb models.

I certainly don't need more than 128gb...you don't either and I bet many would fall in this category.

Reactions: Elitegate

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Because Apple #1 concern is to its shareholders. Not its customers.

128gb is not an entry level storage for any the major phone players, yet. One day, it will...but it won't be for a while.

So why would Apple set the early precedent and give the entry level model iPhone 128gb? Doing so would hurt sales for the higher 256gb and 512gb models.

I certainly don't need more than 128gb...you don't either and I bet many would fall in this category.

Hmmm but isn't it the customers who buy stuff then that helps the shareholders? What am I missing?

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
I love local storage but even 512GB on a phone is pushing it.

I'd like 256GB, sure, but more than that? Even if I needed a new iPad today I'm not sure if I'd get 512GB over 256GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.