Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
I went to the Dell Direct Store at Fashion Place Mall (lame looking kiosk) and picked up their catalog.

I saw that Dell does a recycling and plant-a-tree programs. Being an environmentalist, I am puzzled why doesn't Apple have corresponding programs like the way Dell does it.

I thought that Apple had the image of being a progressive program. I really wish that they got more active in being more environmentally friendly with more programs, not just building computers with environmentally friendly parts.

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
I don't see Apple as being an environmentally unfriendly company. I applaud their efforts to minimize packaging and offer recycling programs.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
they both do the same things... only difference is that dell asks if you wanna plant a tree at your own cost inorder to offsett the enviornmental footprint of their product....

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
they both do the same things... only difference is that dell asks if you wanna plant a tree at your own cost inorder to offsett the enviornmental footprint of their product....

Seem kind of pointless...I'll take a tree and plant it myself if I want to help the earth, and my yard would look better for it!

Infact I'll go count how many tree there are on my piece of land, and make sure I have less computers then I do trees!(I do!)

Although my overall allowed computer number is down after we cut a bunch of trees down for a pool a few years back

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Infact I'll go count how many tree there are on my piece of land, and make sure I have less computers then I do trees!(I do!)

Although my overall allowed computer number is down after we cut a bunch of trees down for a pool a few years back
If the number of trees you have corresponds to the number of computers you can have, I'm going to have one hell of an electric bill because I have a tree about 5 feet in each direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.