Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I went to an Apple store this morning. Before I arrived, I expected a long line up. However, once I arrived, nobody was lining up to pick up the new products. Is the long line up mostly happening during iPhone, rather than Mac, release?

• Haha
Reactions: cateye

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Hi, I went to an Apple store this morning. Before I arrived, I expected a long line up. However, once I arrived, nobody was lining up to pick up the new products. Is the long line up mostly happening during iPhone, rather than Mac, release?

Yes, because people are more likely to get new phones especially if they're on an upgrade program. New Macs are not often since Macs are a lot more expensive and last a lot longer. You don't see me rushing to the Apple Store to get a M2 Max Mac Studio when my M1 Pro Macbook Pro still works great.

Reactions: hajime

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Usually we can choose to pick up in store but from last Sunday to Monday, Apple restricted that option and they just put available for purchase in store on June 13. So I thought too many people placed the orders. Then, the pick up in store option became available again in the morning of June 13. What happened?

romanof

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
I would guess that it is probably because people (me) have already bought perfectly good M1 Macs and have no need to run out and spend just as much for 10 or 20 percent gain of performance.

Reactions: jbachandouris

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
Last year 28.6 million Macs shipped worldwide.

Same year, 226.4 million iPhones shipped worldwide

Macs are less than 12.64% of iPhones in terms of units shipped.

Other than the MBA 15" the least popular Macs were refreshed namely the Mac Pro & Mac Studio that makes up about 75,000 units annually.

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
Usually we can choose to pick up in store but from last Sunday to Monday, Apple restricted that option and they just put available for purchase in store on June 13. So I thought too many people placed the orders. Then, the pick up in store option became available again in the morning of June 13. What happened?
That restriction may have been a blanket policy with each store manager having the ability to overide it if their location has as tepid demand as you do.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Replacement cycle for Mac is much longer than iPhone. The M1 can run the exact same software as M2.

Plus, nobody (normal) goes around showing off their Mac like they can with iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.