Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Franab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
Taos, NM
I am wondering why there is no search function for the Photo folders( Probably have more than 50 folders) in various apps where I want to add photos to Pages documents or Instagram.,or when I want to attach a photo to an email etc. As far as I can tell I am forced to scroll and guess where Apple put that particular folder in what appears to be helter-skelter order for some and for other folders the most recent created folder is in last position.

It is both annoying and time-consuming.

I have been using Apple products for a long time and have 22,000 photos. There has to be a simpler way.

While I’m on the topic, how come there’s no search function and iOS for bookmarks in Safari?

Thanks

DRDR

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I am wondering why there is no search function for the Photo folders( Probably have more than 50 folders) in various apps where I want to add photos to Pages documents or Instagram.,or when I want to attach a photo to an email etc. As far as I can tell I am forced to scroll and guess where Apple put that particular folder in what appears to be helter-skelter order for some and for other folders the most recent created folder is in last position.

I have been using Apple products for a long time and have 22,000 photos. There has to be a simpler way.

While I’m on the topic, how come there’s no search function and iOS for bookmarks in Safari?

Thanks
Swipe down on the bookmark pane and the search box appears.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden

Thanks
You can also use the Files.app for the photos part, as long as you are using iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive for these photos locations. This is drag and drop when you have Files in split screen with for example Pages, Keynote, Numbers, any Office App, Mail, etc. Files has a good search function too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.