Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
I sure hope Apple makes a 16GB RAM stock configuration available with the next MBA M3. I think it’s time. Make it the high stock model and charge the same as a BTO configuration. In some countries it’s not easy to buy a BTO configuration and it takes too much time.

There’s really no reason to do this. If they do it with the MBP and the Mini then do it also with the iMac and MBA. The time has come.

Reactions: trusso

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I sure hope Apple makes a 16GB RAM stock configuration available with the next MBA M3. I think it’s time. Make it the high stock model and charge the same as a BTO configuration. In some countries it’s not easy to buy a BTO configuration and it takes too much time.

There’s really no reason to do this. If they do it with the MBP and the Mini then do it also with the iMac and MBA. The time has come.
It is frustrating that for the MBA, iMac and non-Pro Mac mini there are not stock 16GB configurations. It means that retail outlets like Best Buy/Costco/Amazon typically cannot stock those configurations. And those stock configurations are the configurations that typically get discounted. However, I have noticed that with the 15" MBA BestBuy has had at times 16GB versions available although has been very limited to like just the Midnight color. But "maybe" things are finally changing. I'm "fine" with Apple's base still at 8GB as it is true that is all many people need and want the entry price low, but to force people to go BTO Or go "Pro" and the exorbitant costs is starting to affect sales IMO.

Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.