Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Why trade-in with apple? Decluttr has always been great with me and is offering more for my mini. I’m not even sure they’re the highest just wondering why bother with apple when they offer less and are more stringent on what they’ll accept?

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Another one for simplicity.

I've used Gazelle, Maxback, Revamp, etc and especially with ACMI it's just easier to get the credit applied at time of purchase.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not everyone willing to commit lots of time dealing with the hassle of trading with other people or third parties. They could’ve used the time spent on trading to work or do other things that are more productive. Those few more hundred dollars save may not worth the time spent for quite a few people.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Have you ever used decluttr?
Does decluttr require me to mail the phone to somewhere? There’s too much risk for me. Could get lost in the mail, could be stolen, could get damaged, they could claim they never received it, etc. I don’t want to waste the time when I can just take it to an Apple store and trade it in for an immediate credit. Then there’s no worry.

Also, for the 12 mini 64GB decluttr is offering $335 whereas Apple is offering $400.

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
Avoid the hassle of seller fees and all that, which I would normally have done before with my past phones. Also to avoid having the headache if it made it to the destination and that the buyer isn’t gonna scam me or whatever. I’ll be happy to take a little less and not have to go through that again.

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010
I've been debating this also. I've got an offer of $665 from Decluttr for my IP 11 Pro Max but Apple would only comp $500. I'm inclined to go to the Apple store as I don't have a backup phone which I would need if I mailed it to Decluttr. A bit of a first-world conundrum.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
So easy and this year Apple’s trade in values on last year Pro models are hard to beat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.