Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostheadx2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently installed winterboard and while the app does work, the themes I select don't show up. This is iOS10. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried for hours. Getting super late. Thanks.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently installed winterboard and while the app does work, the themes I select don't show up. This is iOS10. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried for hours. Getting super late. Thanks.

Forget Winterboard, that's history......you should try Anemone.

justinkr

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2017
Every themes their own ios version if ur applying the wrong themes it won't work. Some of them might but mostly it won't work. Find the right ios themes.

misterjrw

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
Bracknell, UK
Normally the reason for icons not theming would be that Apple have changed the name of the icon (happened in iOS8 & 9).

As bbrks commented, Anemone is the way forward (Coolstar has put a lot of work into it), rather than Winterboard.

I would wait a bit until the jailbreak dust has settled - one of the only reasons I JB is for theming but I'm just holding fire for the moment. Get onto 10.2, then jailbreak, then just hold on for things to be updated for iOS 10.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I don't see a reason to wait
26a7efea5adb8b4fcc582336e738e099.jpg

Anemone works perfectly. Everything is there :)

Reactions: misterjrw

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
No need to worry about it anymore. Just last night there was an update for Anemone addressing all the issues.
The version is now 2.1.1-6. Stable as a rock :)

Reactions: misterjrw

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
No need to worry about it anymore. Just last night there was an update for Anemone addressing all the issues.
The version is now 2.1.1-6. Stable as a rock :)

It may be stable for you but the update broke Anemone for me and many others. What iOS version are you on?

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
10.2 actually, iPhone 6 BTW. Hmmmm, sorry to hear that. But, in any case, Coolstar is working hard on new updates, so I guess very soon everything will be smooth for all devices.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
10.2 actually, iPhone 6 BTW. Hmmmm, sorry to hear that. But, in any case, Coolstar is working hard on new updates, so I guess very soon everything will be smooth for all devices.

I figured. I am on iPhone 7 Plus 10.1.1 and Anemone was working fine before the update. Hopefully they can fix it.

ghostheadx2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
I think Anemone isn't supposed to be compatible with iOS 10. I downloaded it and it isn't working. Are there any other ways to install themes on iOS? I know winterboard no longer works so I got rid of it. What are some other good alternatives that may work with iOS 10?

When I looked online I couldn't find much in terms of other apps besides winterboard and anemone.

When I try to start anemone, it tells me to reinstall that and rocket boostrap. Reinstalling both does not fix the problem.

I then added repos starting with Tyler Casson's repo, as well as several other repos I found from a google search.

I really want anemone to work. It appears like it still doesn't work even when I remove the only theme I downloaded from my iPhone.

I really want to install themes. Does anyone know how to get anemone working?

Both repos have no packages in them:

anemonetheming.com/repo

anemonetheming.com/nightly

Last edited:

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
You need to install Ryan Petrich repo: rpetri.ch/repo/
and from there you will get the right updates for rocket boostrap.

ghostheadx2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
You need to install Ryan Petrich repo: rpetri.ch/repo/
and from there you will get the right updates for rocket boostrap.

Ok, doing that right now. Jailbroke this morning, just in the nick of time lol.

menard_00

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2017
Only IconBundle themes will work with Anemone now. The old 'Bundles' method is obsolete for theming icons. It's still needed for UI, settings icons and a few others.
You can convert older themes to IconBundles with -large.png files. It looks for 180px, but you change the script to look for 120px(for older themes)
Here's a great tutorial made by June, on how to do that, with download links.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.