Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Anyone notice how most of the widgets don't respond or even do anything? For example my favorites widget has a couple of the people I contact most. Problem is when I press their name (3D touch or otherwise) it doesn't do anything. Anyone else notice this or know how to fix it?

jarodlee88

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
iOS 10 is basically 1 day old for developers. Give time for developers to update their apps as there could be some conflicts with the new widgets. 3D Touch support should also come later with updates from individual developers. And remeber, this is a beta software, not everything works yet. Hope this helps

Last edited:

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
iOS 10 is basically 1 day old for developers. Give time for developers to update their apps as there could be some conflicts with the new widgets. 3D Touch support should also come later with updates from individual developers. And remeber, this is a beta software, not everything works yet. Hope this helps

yes that does help as far as 3rd party widgets, though I already knew this. I am talking about apple's widget labeled "favorites" which allows you to add your favorite contracts to the widget screen for the ability to quickly compose a message or call your favorite contacts. It appears that Apples widget is not working and I wanted to confirm it with someone that has tried the stock apple widget. Hope this clears up my question.

gadget8888

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
It works but it does not work on the lock screen. Once you unlock from lock screen and then swipe to left and go to widgets, click on fav contact and it will call them or message or will do whatever u set up.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
It works but it does not work on the lock screen. Once you unlock from lock screen and then swipe to left and go to widgets, click on fav contact and it will call them or message or will do whatever u set up.

Oh ok good catch. Wonder if there is a way to have different widgets on the lock screen and within the widgets screen. No point in having one on the lock screen that doesn't work ya know what I mean. Gonna look into the settings and see if there is but haven't found a way yet from the exploring I have been doing since last night.
Thanks for clearing it up for me!

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Just tried using favorites from home screen. Doesn't work there either

Edit just messages doesn't work. Calls do

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Its very beta as you can tell.

I would suspect much of what they showed on stage is a much later build than Beta 1 released only an hour later that had to be compiled days/week or 2 in advance.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Its very beta as you can tell.

I would suspect much of what they showed on stage is a much later build than Beta 1 released only an hour later that had to be compiled days/week or 2 in advance.

I agree. Just testing stuff out. I am going to add this to the found bug thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.