Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
Fun story - I recently took my Cracked iP 13 pro into Apple to have it replaced under Apple care+ and they gave me a brand new 14 pro instead. Only noticed when I came home, I called them and they said it was a mistake on their part (weird) and that I can keep It if I like. Anyway I set the phone up and I’m having a few issues with the AOD.

Issue 1 - the screen always goes to Always on but eventually turns completely off if the room isn’t properly lit, so usually after 6,7 pm the screen would shut off. I call it the mostly on display - is this normal or do I have a faulty phone?

Issue 2 - I have some widgets on the Home Screen that work fine when the phone isn’t locked but as soon as the AOD kicks in the 3rd party widgets become blank. I know for sure this worked fine for a day but now suddenly they keep greying out. Would appreciate any help on these two issues if anyone knows how to fix them. Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0239.png
    IMG_0239.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • Photo on 06-02-2024 at 20.02.jpeg
    Photo on 06-02-2024 at 20.02.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 25

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Congrats on the free upgrade 👍

Regarding the always on display turning off in a darkened room, that sounds like normal behavior. From Apple's support site: https://support.apple.com/guide/iph...omatically turns off,setting is on by default.

The display automatically turns off when iPhone is either face down or obstructed from view, not near a paired Apple Watch, when a CarPlay session begins, while Continuity Camera is in use, while Low Power Mode is on, while Sleep Focus is on, or at your usual bedtime.

Mine is definitely off when I pull it out of my pocket, as well as when it is on the charger (face up) overnight.

Reactions: iTom501
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.