Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
For the past few days for some reason my wife can't call me. She always gets a "not accepting calls" message. We can still text and facetime, I just don't get her calls. Everyone else seems to be able to call me.

Things I've tried:
1. shutdown/restart
2. deleted ALL blocked numbers
3. erased all voicemail and deleted forever the deleted messages
4. checked if focus was on
5. turned my line on and off in cellular settings

I'm at a loss at this point.

UPDATE: RESOLVED. The solution seems to be to delete her as a contact and then create a new contact.

Last edited:

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
For the past few days for some reason my wife can't call me. She always gets a "not accepting calls" message. We can still text and facetime, I just don't get her calls. Everyone else seems to be able to call me.

Things I've tried:
1. shutdown/restart
2. deleted ALL blocked numbers
3. erased all voicemail and deleted forever the deleted messages
4. checked if focus was on
5. turned my line on and off in cellular settings

I'm at a loss at this point.
Are you using an app like AT&T's "Active Armor?" That app can block calls at the AT&T network level, so they never reach one's phone. If you've got an app like that, and inadvertently added your wife's number to the block list, that could be the explanation.

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Are you using an app like AT&T's "Active Armor?" That app can block calls at the AT&T network level, so they never reach one's phone. If you've got an app like that, and inadvertently added your wife's number to the block list, that could be the explanation.
In the "Calls & Messages" section of Active Armor (towards the bottom of the page), there is a "My contacts" item. It says: "To help ensure callers in your contacts are not blocked or sent to voicemail, always allow your contacts to ring through by uploading your contacts to the cloud". I don't recall what the default setting was, but mine is turned on.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2022
UPDATE: RESOLVED. The solution seems to be to delete her as a contact and then create a new contact.
Out of curiosity: did you at first enter her contact information wrong (like typo in the number) and then edited that?
Because I’ve had the same: if you make a mistake in a contact and then edit it, it’ll look like you have the right number but underneath the surface half the apps still use the wrong number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.