Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NormalMacGeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2021
I found this video Yesterday, 1600+Mbps On WiFi? That is awesome. I need 1 Gbps speed on 3 Locations in my Home. Which Ubiquiti Products can do that?

1600wifi.jpg

1600+Mbps +

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
For starters, to achieve those speeds you need full spectrum and supported hardware everywhere. That's not to say likely the higher bands which are easily interfered with by walls.

That setup is perfect world, things next to each other.

NormalMacGeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2021
I am researching about this for last few days. looks like 6E is good if you have direct line of site. otherwise like slightly better than WiFi 5. If you have majority WiFi5 equipments, your overall performance will be dropped significantly. Because less resources dedicated for WiFi5 or old equipments.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
AX has a theoretical single stream speed of ~2.4 Gbps but it is almost impossible to get this speed. Limitations include distance, obstacles, your modem, your devices and contention with other networks. My Netgear a/n/ac/ax router has a max rate of ~2400 Mbps as shown by WiFi Explorer, but the actual speed that I get on my iPhone13 is in the 700-800 Mbps range.

The same will apply with 6E. You will never get the maximum speed. The video below tested 6E in a controlled environment and was only slightly faster than the values I see with AX - 906 Mbps for a single channel, ~2400 Mbps for all channels combined.

P.S. Without a summary people probably aren't going to watch a video. In this case it is particularly important since it is a non-English speaker.

NormalMacGeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2021
AX has a theoretical single stream speed of ~2.4 Gbps but it is almost impossible to get this speed.
That is when using all bands together. This video shows a single device achieve 1.6Gbps.

2Gbps.jpg

Two devices pulling over 2.5 Gbps, I think it has more bands available and able to pull 3X more bandwidth, if the test was did the way they mentioned in that youtube video posted by @HDFan

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
You need the Unifi Access Point WiFi 6 Enterprise which is currently in the early access store. To get the best out of it you should look to upgrade to one of the 2.5 Gbps enterprise switches. You’ll also need to upgrade your machines for 6e.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.