Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamNC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2018
Leland NC
This is very odd but interesting I bought a XR on Sunday and yesterday was visiting a friend who has a XMAX. He house has AT&T for internet service. He also has AT&T for cell service through work. My phone is thru Verizon. Mine barely would work at his home. I tried connecting to his WiFi and it was very slow. 20 mb max. Service is 500mb. Yet his MAX was fast 350-375 and had no issues with calls. So out of curiosity I asked him to stop by and see what would happen here. My internet provider is Spectrum (400MB) Who uses Verizon for their cell. Mine was fine and his was sketchy for both WiFi and Service. Now I checked towers location He has a AT&T tower and a Verizon within 2 miles of his home and my towers are within 1 mile. His wife has a Samsung S8 great here and there. My old 8Plus would work fine at his home. No issues at either place. I find this a bit odd. Is it software or is it something the providers are doing? Anyone else notice this? Might be interesting to see if others are experiencing the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.