Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xuancong84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
It's great that Apple IOS supports auto-login for various wifi networks such as WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc. However, there is also another very popular wifi network, it brings user to a login webpage to fill in a form, some does not even require a password, but you need to click the accept-terms button. In supermarkets, my school or my working place, most wifi networks use this kind of web-based login.

As a beginner user by default, after you select the network in General->Wifi, a login page will popup for you to fill in username and password, the username and password for this page CANNOT be remembered by IOS, so every time you have to key in username and password manually, very tedious.:(

As a more experienced user, you can enable remember username and password option in General->Safari Settings, or use any other browsers like Chrome. Every time, after turning on the wifi, you need to open the browser, goto any page, and the login page pops up with username and password already filled in, you just need to click the 'submit' button.:confused:

As a professional expert, you can to install both AutoWifi and Activator, in General->Activator, you associate both actions "Turn on Wifi" and "Open AutoWifi" to the same event such as "swipe statusbar to the right". So every time, you swipe statusbar from the left to the right, you will enter AutoWifi, seconds later, it shows wifi connected.:D

The last approach, although it's the most convenient, it requires jailbreak and you will enter AutoWifi upon turning on Wifi. However, if I DO NOT like jailbreaking my iphone, is there an easy way to achieve this. I say "I DO NOT want to jailbreak my iphone".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.