Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpolyzoss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
1) Used the El Capitan just fine, after my airport is sold, I had to connect, to my old router, many problems. I moved into new house new router I can't even connect.

I tried many things, the WiFi tries and tries to get connected but without anything happen.

2) I want to downgrade right now, I have also an iMac if that helps. I haven't kept any backups. How should I do the downgrade?

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
1) Used the El Capitan just fine, after my airport is sold, I had to connect, to my old router, many problems. I moved into new house new router I can't even connect.

I tried many things, the WiFi tries and tries to get connected but without anything happen.

2) I want to downgrade right now, I have also an iMac if that helps. I haven't kept any backups. How should I do the downgrade?
You can't reinstall an older OS over a newer one.
So you need to transfer all of your documents to a different disk, then erase and reinstall the OS.

dpolyzoss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
You can't reinstall an older OS over a newer one.
So you need to transfer all of your documents to a different disk, then erase and reinstall the OS.
I dont need my documents. How I do this? I dont see any extra partition with the yosemite? I want to downgrade

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
I dont need my documents. How I do this? I dont see any extra partition with the yosemite? I want to downgrade
Not sure, but if you have the ability to use target disk mode (with either a FireWire or Thunderbolt cable).
Otherwise, download the Yosemite installer, install on separate partition, and restore from the Yosemite recovery hd

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Create a USB installer using disk maker x (see site for information, it's very simple) and then just boot up with the USB installer by holding down the OPTION key when your device boots up and chimes. This should start the Start Up Manager where you can boot the USB. Format Macintosh HD by erasing it in Utilities > Disk Utility and then go through the installation prompts.

diggyzz

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2015

My wifi is dead aswell. Cant connet to anything. It just crashed the settings when i try to join a wifi network. Any fix for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.