Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raky25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2020
Hi Experts,

Can somebody please guide me any working solution for my Mac min Late 2009 used by my child for homework. Few months back I used @dosdude1 solution to install high Sierra and wifi was working fantastic , when I updated high Sierra I found that there was issue - "wifi no hardware found error". After some googling I had found some links where there I think some script or files were modified and re ran @dosdude1 patch and that time everything starting working fine.

Yesterday by mistake subconscious mind I have clicked High Sierra update button and it messed up again , spend few hours searching the same steps/patch which was applied on top of @dosdude1 patch for wifi resolution but failed to find those steps.

I vaguely remembered there was some script which need some modification and need to run post install utility to apply the same I think.

Hope for advice please.

Regards,
raky

raky25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2020
Maybe try reinstalling High Sierra using the same @dosdude1 solution you did the first time.
Appreciate Taz for your time please, Just now saw ur post wanted to update it , I was upset not to find some steps which in past was done and sorted my wifi issue after High Sierra security patch upgrade. Last option was to reinstall which I wanted to avoid , later re-ran @dosdude1 "post install" step only and every thing back to normal, Collin (Dosdude) deserves Noble prize for saving planet and serving humanity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.