Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
It is my understanding that wifi does not fully shutoff in iOS 11 using the swipe up function. If I turnoff wifi using this and go to cellular data, with the wifi connection still present (at my house for example) will I be using wifi or cellular when I go to a webpage.

Thanks.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
It is my understanding that wifi does not fully shutoff in iOS 11 using the swipe up function. If I turnoff wifi using this and go to cellular data, with the wifi connection still present (at my house for example) will I be using wifi or cellular when I go to a webpage.

Thanks.

Cell for the next 24 hours or until you tap it back on. The data signal being used will be indicated up in the left hand corner of your phone as usual.

Reactions: dk001 and Thor_1

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Thanks.
If you have disconnected from your WiFi network (that's basically what the Control Center WiFi button does) then your device won't be using it at that time and you'll be using your cell data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.