Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

I'm having issues with El Capitan since I updated to 10.11.3. It seems to not register my router/network even though my Android phone/tablet is connecting and using the network. I have updated to 10.11.4 and it seems to have maybe fixed it. And by maybe I mean, 4 hours after updating it all of a sudden registered it.

Is this a common issue? Does anyone have ideas how to fix it?

Many thanks

DeathBecomesMe

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Yes! This! Been having horrible wifi issues. Not the exact same as you, but Safari just sitting there like there's no connection to the internet. I have to turn off wifi and reconnect. I initially attributed to my horrific Comcast connection.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Are you running on the latest update of El Capitan aswell? I'm not sure if it's working now (and still unsure as to why it all of a sudden started working when it had a full signal strength) but really hoping to not have to reset the computer as has been suggested to me.

Yes! This! Been having horrible wifi issues. Not the exact same as you, but Safari just sitting there like there's no connection to the internet. I have to turn off wifi and reconnect. I initially attributed to my horrific Comcast connection.

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2012
Also having these issue on 10.11.3. Driving my nuts.

Anyone else with these issues updated to 10.11.4 ? Any resolution ??

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

Yeah I was having even worse issues with 10.11.4. It just wouldn't connect to the router unless I was within 30cm of the Router. Really annoying. I've just went back with the Time Machine to 10.11.2 and it worked first time, before the screen came up. I think, after talking with a friend who runs a computer repair store, that it was maybe an issue with the network card on the update. I won't be doing any until 10.11.5 is available.

Also having these issue on 10.11.3. Driving my nuts.

Anyone else with these issues updated to 10.11.4 ? Any resolution ??

DeathBecomesMe

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I've switched my wifi channel to an unused one. There were like 8 different ones in my complex on 11. Connection has been stable since then.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Oh right, how do you do that? I have no idea about some of those things so you would have to speak very basic for me to understand haha. This current setting seems to be working now with 10.11.2

I've switched my wifi channel to an unused one. There were like 8 different ones in my complex on 11. Connection has been stable since then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.