Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thebagman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Cambodia
The real issue is that My wifi has a little x and it says no hardware installed and I've tried everything that all the forums say. I've zapped the pram & nvram using terminal "Sudo nvram boot -r now" but can't do a boot args thing (to start in verbose mode) cause it says "error setting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) not permitted" I want to do an smc reset. I've tried running through the cycle of sleep, hard shutdown, restart, regular shutdown but that hasn't worked either. My keyboard hasnt worked for over a year after a coke spill (I'm happy using the on screen keyboard if I need to type something). I have a MacBook Pro 2012 with non removable battery and like I said the keyboard isn't working so I can't hold down any keys while rebooting. There must be a terminal code line to use to do an smc reset. I don't have the tools or the know-how to open the back of the laptop to find the smc reset button on the motherboard and I'm also not sure if this is even possible or recommended. It's a MacBook Pro 15" 2012 2.3ghz 500gb i7 running Mojave 10.14. Please help cause this is starting to make my head hurt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.