Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Failurbydesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
CA
I have tried all but step 2 in the link below but I'm having zero luck. Network utility shows I'm connected but times out when I try an ping. Tech Tools shows all devices connected to my network but won't connect online. I'm posting this from my iPhone using the wifi and am having no issues. Any thoughts?

http://macosx.com/forums/howto-faqs/321879-howto-reset-wireless-airport-card-settings-os-x-10-7-x-10-8-x.html

Last edited:

Failurbydesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
CA
I don't have any apps such as little snitch or anything related to block connections.

Failurbydesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
CA
I'll check in the morning! Also I ran a 50ft cat 6 line directly from my modem in to the imac....nothing!

Would that DNS issue effect both wifi and Ethernet?

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'll check in the morning! Also I ran a 50ft cat 6 line directly from my modem in to the imac....nothing!

Would that DNS issue effect both wifi and Ethernet?

Do you have another computer you can attach? If you or anyone else have been using a file sharing app on this computer, your MAC address may be blocked by the provider. It's a shot in the dark, but I can't think of anything else.

Failurbydesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
CA
Well with no luck and not wanting to spend hours trying to fix it. I decided to reinstall ML and migrate my backup without selecting settings...problem solved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.