Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sendas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Hi

Since iOS 12 I can’t access a wpa2/enterprise network ... not on my iPhone X, iPad Pro or Mac OS Mojave. It gives me always the same error: Can’t access network.

Anyone has any idea about what’s happening?

Thanks

sendas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
For the phone and ipad I would try resetting network settings. Have you checked with the enterprise IT guys?

I’ve tried that. I’ve talked to the it guys, and I tried acessing the network with an iPhone with iOS 11 and it worked .... but not on my devices! (So they told me it was my problem ...)

Last edited:

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I'll be curious to see if you get this resolved. I wonder if Apple made some changes to the 802.1X authenticator stack on those OSes. Our WPA2 Enterprise (PEAP/MSCHAPv2) network at work plays nicely with my iOS 12 devices, so I'll be curious to see if your network has problems with others who are upgrading.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Hi

Since iOS 12 I can’t access a wpa2/enterprise network ... not on my iPhone X, iPad Pro or Mac OS Mojave. It gives me always the same error: Can’t access network.

Anyone has any idea about what’s happening?

Thanks

Wait, since iOS 12 came out, Mojave has stopped working?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
It’s working but I can’t connect to the WiFi network as I wrote on the first post

Thanks. That doesn't make sense that your iOS and Mojave devices all stopped at the same time does it?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, and sorry to beat a dead horse, but your iOS and Mojave devices were working with your work wifi, then you updated your iOS devices to iOS 12 and they stopped working, but at the same time your Mojave devices stopped working too. Is that right?

It sounds like it's a problem with your IT infrastructure. But if you can provide more details, maybe you can get better help :) It feels like I'm only seeing a very small part of the bigger picture.

sendas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I tried accessing the network with an iPhone 7 with my credentials. It worked. It does not work on any devices I have with iOS 12 and Mojave. I have still to try the iOS 12 GM to see if something has changed...

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I tried with iOS 12 GM and it didn’t work ... the it guys are not very helpful...

Right, but I think what Rhonindk meant was that once everyone gets 12, it will be the IT guys' problem because their phone will be ringing off the hook or email/ticket system piling up. ;)

Reactions: dk001 and sendas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.