Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Ever since I got the N upgrade my wifi disconnects from the internet every once in a while. When this happens the wave bars go from 4 to 3. It's still connected to the router, but when I try to load a page... It doesn't work. Usually it will "reconnect" within a few minutes. But when I turn my wireless off and back on it works just fine.

Anyone know how to fix this?

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Ever since I got the N upgrade my wifi disconnects from the internet every once in a while. When this happens the wave bars go from 4 to 3. It's still connected to the router, but when I try to load a page... It doesn't work. Usually it will "reconnect" within a few minutes. But when I turn my wireless off and back on it works just fine.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I had the same problem while connecting to my university's network. I could not find a way to solve this problem but the only thing I could do is connect through VPN which solved the problem for me then.

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Sorry for the double, I want to bump and ask another question

Is there a way to uninstall the N enabler?

Beed

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
Surrey, BC, Canada
I am having the same problem after I ran my wireless N enabler. I seem to loose connection and I would have to restart my wifi card to get it working again.

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I don't use wireless encryption. Stupid? Maybe. I don't personally see the need to have encryption it only causes problems with passwords and stuff. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.