Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
So, I have been looking all over for a solution to my problem, but I've found none. I'm hoping someone can help. My problem is that Wifi syncing just doesn't work for me. I plug in my iPhone 4 and check the box that says "Enable WiFi Syncing" and it's all activated on my phone, but it just doesn't connect to my computer. Both are on the same Wifi network as well. It also does the same thing with Home Sharing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Give us the specs on your computer. What version of the operating system are you running?

DocMarlor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
In all honesty, I don't have a ton of time to figure out what's wrong. I did do a clean uninstall and reinstall of iTunes and it didn't do anything. I made sure that I'm on the same account on both devices, and I am. I'm on Windows 7 and I'm using AVG Free Anti-virus. It's also not a huge deal if I have to plug in my iPhone to my PC. Thanks for all the suggestions.

DocMarlor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Boy do I feel stupid. All I had to do was turn off my AVG Firewall and it worked perfectly. I really appreciate all your suggestions, and I'll certainly ask here first if I have problems. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.