Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I'm really not sure what is causing my issue. Wi-Fi syncing has NEVER worked reliably for me. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps listed a few posts above as well as MANY others. I can often get my device to show up in iTunes and sync wirelessly, but a few hours later it is gone again.

I have no idea what the issue is as this has persisted across multiple versions of iOS ( really all of them since Wi-Fi syncing was introduced) and multiple versions of OSX.

For what its worth I am using an iPhone 5S, a Retina Macbook Pro, iOS 8.0.2, and the latest public beta of Yosemite.

This has been my experience ever since the wifi sync feature debuted. I have often wondered if it's a router issue. Very annoying. Sometimes it works. Usually after everything has been rebooted. Minutes/hours later it no longer works. I have just given up on it and use icloud backups. If it worked properly I would use the wifi sync. Itunes remote and airplay are also a little bit hit and miss for me. Handoff between iPhone and iPad seems to be working fairly consistently however.

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
I have always experienced wifi synch issues, not only my mac mini and macbook but on Windows Machine, I am beginning to think that it could be a setting in my modem since wifi synching keeps dropping out. Constantly even during synching the family set of iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.