Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chelaum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Something I recently updated or installed has been crashing my wifid constantly, like 100 times a day. When it does I'm signed out of my emails, Facebook, Goodle apps, etc. Then I'll get put in what looks like Safe Mode except I don't get the normal message asking to restart etc. I have to use iCleaner to respring. Really getting on my last damn nerve.

Chelaum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
So start uninstalling latest tweaks and see how it goes....

I did that to an extent with iCleaner to no avail. Seems like everything has been crashing from locationd, wifid, dataaccess, etc... And every time I have to sign back into every app or site.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
What device, IOS, Jailbreak???? Maybe you could try using Cydia Impactor or similar....to save the jailbreak....

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Clean restore to the same IOS.....if everything goes fine, you will get clean IOS 9.0.2, so you can jailbreak again.
But, beware.....success rate is not to great. If something goes wrong, you will be forced to restore to 9.2.1.
BTW, it's Cydia Impactor beta for 9.0.2. You have to add repo apt.saurik.com/beta/cy-impactor/ to find it.

If you want to try it, make sure to turn off find my phone, passcode. Of you are stuck at the end, make a hard reset. I made it on 5S just couple a weeks ago.

Chelaum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
So weird and random. Went away for a few days and then came back. Can't find any "suspect" or pattern. I get signed out of everything and it clears all caches etc. Countless times a day I have to respring and clean through iCleaner. All the tweaks I have are pretty mainstream and popular. Ugh...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So weird and random. Went away for a few days and then came back. Can't find any "suspect" or pattern. I get signed out of everything and it clears all caches etc. Countless times a day I have to respring and clean through iCleaner. All the tweaks I have are pretty mainstream and popular. Ugh...

Try checking your recently updated tab in cydia

Are you by chance using any hashbang tweaks? Did you update Cephei to 1.8?

Chelaum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Try checking your recently updated tab in cydia

Are you by chance using any hashbang tweaks? Did you update Cephei to 1.8?

Odd... I thought I had Cephei but can't find it in Cydia at all. What exactly does it do? Also, I thought I had something from the Hashbang repo but apparently not. The repo is in my sources though.

Where's Cephei and what does it do? Not only my wifid has been crashing but almost literally everything else. If I can't figure this soon I'm gonna remove every tweak and reinstall one by one. So far suspending them in iCleaner hasn't pinpointed it. Thanks for the help!

Chelaum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Got Cephei 1.8 and it crashed Harbor and made a bunch of apps disappear. Downgraded it to 1.7 and now all my apps are asking for permission to send notifications again. But the wifid crashed again and now my wifi toggle won't even turn on.

Chelaum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Assetsd just crashed 20 times in 4 minutes. Executive something or rather keeps crashing. Wcd, wifid, etc etc etc. Endless crashes and each time I have to sign back into FB, messenger, email, this forum, etc. Sometimes it won't even let me. Also, it's not updating my weather accurately...

I'm at a total loss. Does anyone have anything suggestion? Other than erase it all...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Assetsd just crashed 20 times in 4 minutes. Executive something or rather keeps crashing. Wcd, wifid, etc etc etc. Endless crashes and each time I have to sign back into FB, messenger, email, this forum, etc. Sometimes it won't even let me. Also, it's not updating my weather accurately...

I'm at a total loss. Does anyone have anything suggestion? Other than erase it all...

You may just have to try uninstalling cydia substrate (thereby, uninstalling all your tweaks) and install your tweaks in batches until the problem comes back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.