Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Cursed Wii remote.

Both of them are unsynced and neither one will sync. At all. It's v. annoying.

So, I've been trying to sync them back. I've held down both sync buttons, I've just *pressed* both sync buttons, I've pressed the home button. I've done everything I could think of.

What am I doing wrong? Why won't my wii work? I just bought Big Brain Academy and I wanna play. When the first remote was synced, I couldn't get the 2nd one to, so I couldn't even play with someone else. We had to do marathon mode. Bleh. :(

Thanks. :)

AppleGuy2

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion. Heres what you do...atleast it should work cause it always does for me. Unplug your Wii from the wall first, then plug it back in. Thatll essentially reset it. Then take the batteries out of your Wiimote and put them back in. Turn your wii on, push any button on your wiimote and it should do the usual (the blue lights will flash, then the solitary player 1 light will be on) then, if it worked you should be able to hit A and play. If not, repeat both steps, but instead of pushing any button, hit connect on your wii and sync on your wiimote.

The first way i mentioned works everytime for me. I dont know why they do that...i guess they get confused or something.

Edit: also, i was reading about how you were pushing both sync buttons at the same time, dont do that! lol. That will only confuse your wii more. It wont be able to decide which will be the dominant (player 1) wiimote. Just sync one first, start the game into 2p mode, then itll prompt you to connect the 2p wiimote. Connecting a second wiimote will never require you to hit the red sync button...you only need to push 1 and 2 at the same time.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've had this happen once with a controller that gets used on a number of other systems. What I do is take out the batteries and turn the Wii on, put the batteries back in and press A.
If that doesn't work I do the sync buttons method.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
You and your battery voodoo method, that has never worked for me when going between Wiis. :)

What works for me every time, is to first press the reset button on the Wii, then press the reset button on the Wiimote.

<]=)

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Yeah, just unplug the system, and it should resync.

For some reason, my remotes always unsync after I play a GCN game on the system. So like, I get done playing Prime 1, and want to go back to the Wii menu, to play some VC games, at least 2/3 times, the remote won't even activate. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.