Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joehomey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2021
Back in 2008 I had a program on my MacBook running 10.6 called wiimote whiteboard. It was a free download, (still out there but doesn't work with Big Sur) and would allow you to connect a wiimote to your MacBook via Bluetooth. The program would then put a series of crosshairs on the screen (computer screen, projector screen tv screen , whatever you were using) and you would touch an ir pen to the cross hairs. This would set the limit of the screen and calibrate the wiimote to the Mac. You could then control the mouse with the ir pen. I would use this for presentations or to play a fun game of Pictionary because the projector screen would in essence be a touch screen as long as you used the ir pen.

Anyhow, does anyone know of any program, app, device, whatever, that would work similar to this...to be able to use any screen as a touch screen with an ir pen?

I still have my old Mac and still use it for this when needed but it would be nice to use it on my new MacBook Air with the m1 chip.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.