Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Hi guys,

I wondering if you can help.

I've got a late 2013 rmbp (with 750m) and the performance in Wildstar Online is terrible (sometimes unplayable). I'm running it in bootcamp (Windows 7).

Is anyone else running it with the above setup?

I've gone from high-low and the framerate is about the same throughout (maybe it's just poor optimisation). I'd say it runs at about 15fps when not much is going on, down to about 3-4 when there's water or a lot is happening on screen and this is the same on high, medium and low graphics settings.

My GFX driver is up to date.

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Because I'm running it on a rMBP, not a PC?

I posted here because I figured there may be someone else with a 2013 or 2012 rMBP who may have had similar experiences and knows the optimal settings.

Tartin

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2013
Sweden, Stockholm
Not to be rude but why are you posting this on a Apple forum? Go to this link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc
Not to be rude but you're an idiot.

On topic, I've not ran Wildstar on my rMBP Late 2013 yet but I was planning to get it. Was. Not anymore after your post, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and I hope the problems gets solved since I too really wanna play this game!

librarian

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
I'm not surprised it runs bad on a 750m. On my 2012 imac with the 680mx the game have huge frame drops and cannot run it maxed without going below 30 fps…
I call it bad optimization. It eats 2gb of vram quickly and sometimes the client go past 6 gig of ram… there are more demanding mmo games such as TERA and ff14 that runs flawlessly maxed @ 50+ fps in comparison.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
I'm not surprised it runs bad on a 750m. On my 2012 imac with the 680mx the game have huge frame drops and cannot run it maxed without going below 30 fps…
I call it bad optimization. It eats 2gb of vram quickly and sometimes the client go past 6 gig of ram… there are more demanding mmo games such as TERA and ff14 that runs flawlessly maxed @ 50+ fps in comparison.

Even on my PC (i5 oc 4.3GHz) GTX780 GHz Edition and 16GB RAM I have FPS drops to less than 40FPS from time to time. The game runs fine at 80-100FPS for awhile, but from time to time it just slows down. You could think it was because of texture loading and such, but I do have the game on a pretty fast SSD too.

My gaming buddy with an i7@4.0GHz and a 7970 does have same problems.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
Because I'm running it on a rMBP, not a PC?

I posted here because I figured there may be someone else with a 2013 or 2012 rMBP who may have had similar experiences and knows the optimal settings.

More Mac users are more likely to be here than on GameFAQs. I bet if he went there and posted that he would get a bunch of dumb comments like "Why are you using a Mac?". Guess no matter where you post you'll get dumb comments.

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
It's shameless, I know, but if anyone has a spare EU trial I'd love to give this game a go. I've not played something like this since WoW was first around. I also don't (yet) have any friends who want to play this so before I buy I'd like to see how much I enjoy it solo. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.