Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alain001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

I’ve just updated my 2010 MacPro to Big Sur by installing a Sapphire Pulse RX580 with OpenCore.

I now want to sell my flashed Evga GTX 980.

Can anyone confirm me that a flashed card can be used in a PC without reflashing it? I’m pretty sure no Mac user will buy an Nvidia card anymore since upgrading past High Sierra isn’t possible.

thx!

alain

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Hi,

I’ve just updated my 2010 MacPro to Big Sur by installing a Sapphire Pulse RX580 with OpenCore.

Can anyone confirm me that a flashed card can be used in a PC without reflashing it? I’m pretty sure no Mac user will buy an Nvidia card anymore since upgrading past High Sierra isn’t possible.

thx!

alain
If I were you, I will still try to sell it as Mac compatible card, and ask for higher price. You only need one buyer willing to buy that. And there should be more than one person out there still prefer to run a flashing Nvidia card on cMP even forced to stay at High Sierra.

Anyway, flashed card can work in Windows. The Mac EFI part will be ignored.

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Hi,

thx!

alain
My flashed GTX Titan works in a PC

Reactions: Petri Krohn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.