Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Hello
I am considering to buy a second hand Thunderbolt 27“ (the old one of 2012). :rolleyes:
My internal SSD in my 2013 MacPro includes 2 volumes. One with about 2/3 of its capacity has presently High Sierra and the other with the remaining 1/3 has Bootcamp Windows 10.
Until now I use an old Samsung 24“ HD display which shows both OSX and Windows 10 with nö image problem.
Will :( the old Thunderbolt 27“ display Show Windows 10 correctly?
Thank you very much for anyone with experience! :)
I would not want to lose the Windows 10 because of that.
Ed

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Hello
I am considering to buy a second hand Thunderbolt 27“ (the old one of 2012). :rolleyes:
My internal SSD in my 2013 MacPro includes 2 volumes. One with about 2/3 of its capacity has presently High Sierra and the other with the remaining 1/3 has Bootcamp Windows 10.
Until now I use an old Samsung 24“ HD display which shows both OSX and Windows 10 with nö image problem.
Ed
Please help!!!!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Before you buy it do you have a port on your Mac or get a cable to use display port. Plus I hope you have some external speakers!

Don’t expect 4K and hope for maybe 1080p! Plus it will show Windows if your Mac can see it.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Before you buy it do you have a port on your Mac or get a cable to use display port. Plus I hope you have some external speakers!

Don’t expect 4K and hope for maybe 1080p! Plus it will show Windows if your Mac can see it.
Thank you very much for your Goodwill.
I have in my End 2013 MacPro Thunderbolt 2 ports and my old 24“ Monitor is only HD, so that is as you say. I simply don‘t know if Boot Camp Win 10 will accept that 27“ Thunderbolt Display and the seller does not offer returns.
Googling has not brought me any answer.
Again thank you !!!

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
It should if you use a modern Display port!
Thank you again. My Mac has Thunderbolt 2 which is not the new Thunderbolt 3.
This 27“ Display has also the Thunderbolt cable of 2011–2013. In the Apple Forums I could not find any answer either.
Thank you very much for trying to help me. i appreciate it!!!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Thank you again. My Mac has Thunderbolt 2 which is not the new Thunderbolt 3.
This 27“ Display has also the Thunderbolt cable of 2011–2013. In the Apple Forums I could not find any answer either.
Thank you very much for trying to help me. i appreciate it!!!

Just remember the age of your Mac so Display Port is older and won’t carry sound so have good external speakers when playing something!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Just remember the age of your Mac so Display Port is older and won’t carry sound so have good external speakers when playing something!
DisplayPort is not relevant here. The Apple Thunderbolt Display only works on a Thunderbolt port.
[doublepost=1565549162][/doublepost]
Hello
Ed
This display should work with Bootcamp without any issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.