Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefanboy12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2021
My iPhone X has a crack on the top right bezel (couple cracks concentrated in one area). I was wondering if an edge to edge screen protector that has black edges would cover up the crack in any way. Everything else works perfectly, but this is a cosmetic issue.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
My iPhone X has a crack on the top right bezel (couple cracks concentrated in one area). I was wondering if an edge to edge screen protector that has black edges would cover up the crack in any way. Everything else works perfectly, but this is a cosmetic issue.

It just may work. Try ordering an inexpensive edge to edge screen protector on Amazon and see what it looks like.

Last edited:

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
As @StaceyMJ86 indicated, it might work. How far does the crack extend? When looking for the e2e screen protectors, try to find one with a black border and a 2d or 3d curved edge which should further protect the area with the crack. Are you covered under Apple Care—$29 screen replacement? If not, and you want to hold onto the phone for another couple of years, it might be worth it to have Apple replace the screen to prevent additional damage.

applefanboy12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2021
As @StaceyMJ86 indicated, it might work. How far does the crack extend? When looking for the e2e screen protectors, try to find one with a black border and a 2d or 3d curved edge which should further protect the area with the crack. Are you covered under Apple Care—$29 screen replacement? If not, and you want to hold onto the phone for another couple of years, it might be worth it to have Apple replace the screen to prevent additional damage.
The cracks only extend to the corner but doesn’t interfere with the main screen. There’s some slight damage on the very edge of the display which would be visible even with a screen protector. My Apple Care expired a while ago. Probably doesn’t make sense to replace it for that much. I’m just trying to find a cost effective way to hide it as much as possible. I was considering replacing the screen myself, but I have no experience.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
The cracks only extend to the corner but doesn’t interfere with the main screen. There’s some slight damage on the very edge of the display which would be visible even with a screen protector. My Apple Care expired a while ago. Probably doesn’t make sense to replace it for that much. I’m just trying to find a cost effective way to hide it as much as possible. I was considering replacing the screen myself, but I have no experience.
Well, if you can live with the cracks, a screen protector might prevent further damage. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.