Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Im looking to purchase an iPhone 8 from somebody that had it on Verizon (Not the actual Verizon store). Would it work with my iPhone 6 sim from ATT? The seller says itll work and I can just pop my sim in. Is this correct?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Yes, absolutely.

Hmm, might want to have the AT&T SIM replaced though just in case it's old and doesn't support features such VoLTE, etc.

Reactions: bobright and jpn

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Yes, absolutely.

Hmm, might want to have the AT&T SIM replaced though just in case it's old and doesn't support features such VoLTE, etc.
You were right it indeed worked. Now I’m worried though that I’m missing out on features. What is VoLTE or other things I could be missing out on? Would ATT charge me for a new sim?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Check your SIM per below. Go to settings/about and check the ICCID number

SIM card compatibility
AT&T HD Voice requires a SIM card that is UICC-G or higher SIM card installed in your smartphone to enjoy the rich calling experience of AT&T HD Voice. Want to make sure to find out if your SIM card is HD Voice compatible? In the SIM card number, look for the digits 27 or higher in the 9th and 10th positions.

EDIT - Had the wrong number - corrected it to ICCID as opposed to IMEI

Last edited:

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Check your SIM per below. Go to settings/about and check the IMEI number

SIM card compatibility
AT&T HD Voice requires a SIM card that is UICC-G or higher SIM card installed in your smartphone to enjoy the rich calling experience of AT&T HD Voice. Want to make sure to find out if your SIM card is HD Voice compatible? In the SIM card number, look for the digits 27 or higher in the 9th and 10th positions.

I start counting left to right with the first 2 numbers on the left correct?

My sim reads: 35 3XX210 156XX7 1

I put x’s for safety but that’s how it reads. Looks like I need to get it replaced?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I start counting left to right with the first 2 numbers on the left correct?

My sim reads: 35 3XX210 156XX7 1

I put x’s for safety but that’s how it reads. Looks like I need to get it replaced?
Sorry Bob, I was mistaken on the number It is the ICCID, not the IMEI
Check that number and I apologize for the confusion

Reactions: bobright

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Sorry Bob, I was mistaken on the number It is the ICCID, not the IMEI
Check that number and I apologize for the confusion
No worries. I checked and the 9th and 10th digits are 27. So does that mean I’m good no other reason to swap out the sim?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
No worries. I checked and the 9th and 10th digits are 27. So does that mean I’m good no other reason to swap out the sim?
It means you are good. I see no need to swap out the SIM. Mine are 27 as well and I have VoLTE and HD Voice.

Reactions: bobright

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It means you are good. I see no need to swap out the SIM. Mine are 27 as well and I have VoLTE and HD Voice.
Thanks Vine good to know now I can enjoy the phone.

Btw going from an old iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 this thing is lightning quick. It flys the moment I hit the home button/touchID my display is on and ready to go, going between apps or loading stuff up on instagram it’s damn near instant. Picture and video look amazing. I feel I scored a killer deal $200 in mint condition with 4 weeks left of AppleCare.

I can’t imagine what a new phone would be like. I’m old don’t need much this may hold me off till an iPhone 12s. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: VineRider
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.