Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
iPhone 13 Pro has two small cracks on the back. Seems like the cracks are internal as I can't feel it when I run my finger on them. It's as if nothing is even there. Other than the cracks, the phone is in great condition and functions properly. Wondering if Apple will accept.

Attachments

• _DSF2808.JPG
    _DSF2808.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 401

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I believe one of the questions they ask you in the trade-in process asks about the physical condition, so just answer it truthfully. I doubt that would bring the trade-in value to $0.00, but it probably will reduce it. But in any case, they definitely won't refuse to take it - they recycle for free.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
As above, that will likly be the case. Of course getting it replaced and then trade it isn't worth it because you definitely would lose lots of value due to the fact that you have to factor in the replacement cost of the device. So it may not be worth repairing it and trading it in after.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
If the phone is physically damaged like yours, Apple will have to refurbish it. You will get less value for your trade in but the difference isn’t too great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.