Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Propine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Hey, just dropped my iPhone 13 and it got a scuff on frame and lens. As far as I see it doesn’t affect image quality. Photos attached. Will they accept it still? The front and back glass is totally okay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 75

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
They will definitely accept it but not sure if they will give you the full trade in value. It doesn't look bad at all so I think you should be fine. You'll probably have better luck trading in at the Apple Store vs. Mail in.

Reactions: Chuckeee

Propine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
They will definitely accept it but not sure if they will give you the full trade in value. It doesn't look bad at all so I think you should be fine. You'll probably have better luck trading in at the Apple Store vs. Mail in.
Thank you! That’s what I am thinking about too, I will give it a try at the Apple Store, if it works - great. If they will diminish the value badly I will do a private sale (initially I wanted to avoid a hassle of negotiating with private buyers).

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Thank you! That’s what I am thinking about too, I will give it a try at the Apple Store, if it works - great. If they will diminish the value badly I will do a private sale (initially I wanted to avoid a hassle of negotiating with private buyers).
Apple (in-store) only cares about cracks/dents or issues with the hardware. If everything works normally and there's no cracks or dents they'll accept the trade-in. You won't get as much as a private sale though but it's hassle free

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.