Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
as per title. or will they force me to repair the screen first before they will replace the battery (paid service) for me?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
No, Apple doesn’t want people coming back after 90 days claiming functional problems unrelated to the battery service.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
The screen needs to be removed to access the battery.
They will not remove a cracked screen unless it is for the purpose of replacing it.

Seems fair to me.

Reactions: MisterMillz

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
Yeah, when I replaced the battery on an old 6s, the first thing they did was inspect the screen. Then they ran some kind of diagnostic looking for any other issues.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I don't understand - why wouldn't you get the screen fixed if you are getting the battery replaced at the same time ??

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
I don't understand - why wouldn't you get the screen fixed if you are getting the battery replaced at the same time ??
Too expensive for the screen replacement. I can find a brand new replacement set (apple) at marketplace from others by just a little bit more.

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Is the screen you want to buy OEM? If so, what is the price difference between that and what Apple will charge?

no i never do any repair of my iphone outside. i am comparing the repair price at apple.

to repair the screen, it costs USD316 at apple. but at the price of USD438 i can get a totally brand new replacement set with brand new battery from apple for the same storage of iphone x 256GB. battery replacement for iphone X alone will cost USD75.

this is the reason why i dun intend to replace screen + battery at apple for my this at least 3 years old iphone X. but i want to replace the battery of it becos the battery degradation is terrible now although i got the free battery replacement by apple 2 years ago... prob now is apple may not replace the battery for me if i dun repair the screen first.
but i dun want to let this old iphone X goes into no use eventually becos of the poor battery even i bought a replacement set from someone else.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Screen damage has to be replaced/fixed(paid) before battery can be replaced.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I don't know for sure, but I would bet that they would not attempt a battery replacement with a cracked screen.

The screen needs to be removed, and is the glass is already cracked, there is a really good chance of causing more damage trying to get the screen off.

Depending on how damaged the glass is already, you might not be able to put it back on anyways. Or at least put it on correctly with a new seal.

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
I don't know for sure, but I would bet that they would not attempt a battery replacement with a cracked screen.

The screen needs to be removed, and is the glass is already cracked, there is a really good chance of causing more damage trying to get the screen off.

Depending on how damaged the glass is already, you might not be able to put it back on anyways. Or at least put it on correctly with a new seal.
ic. then no choice. i can forget about changing the battery already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.