Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
Sometimes I like to copy and paste paragraphs from articles when posting on online forums, but many times when I copy something and try to paste it, the paste animation disappears very quickly (less than a second) and it doesn't allow me to post the text that I have copied over. Sometimes it is almost a race between the animation disappearing and me hitting the paste button. I have never had this issue with any of the previous iOS versions and my work flow hasn't really changed at all.

Also in previous versions of Safari you could long press an image in an article and it would copy the URL of the image to clipboard. In iOS 8 it doesn't work at all. Long pressing does nothing. Very annoying.

Bumping this ****. Most annoying bug I've run into as of late.

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
Yeah, I've had isses. The copy, paste, cut shortcut popover just vanishes and won't come back, but that's just iOS now.

Very true.

As hard as it is for some to accept that this is an issue, it does indeed present quite an annoyance when one is doing work that requires efficiency. Interesting how a very basic function like this doesn't seem to matter to Apple.

But then again I remember them releasing the first iPhone, it didn't have cut and paste at all. Surely many years later Apple can't possibly think it's no longer an essential function. Oh wait.... :eek:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Sure, and Safari is part of iOS 8. :)

Indeed it is. However, as I rarely use Safari (only when links are opened from emails etc) I never see it. Therefore it's not a system-wide o/s bug, well not for me anyway.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I don't have any of the issues you describe on both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2, both running iOS 8.1.3. Have you tried a restore and set up as new? Maybe you have a freak bug.

No, it's not a freak bug. It happens on all my devices and other people I know have experienced the same thing.

----------

Uh. Do you copy and paste ever? Just try copying and pasting any post on this forum thread in mobile view on your iPhone. It selects the whole box. It's so bugged actually on Macrumors that after trying a few times the page starts scrolling up by itself. Repeated several times so it's not a fluke.

The uncontrollable scrolling happens to me also. Very annoying.

RiderX

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
No, it's not a freak bug. It happens on all my devices and other people I know have experienced the same thing.

----------

The uncontrollable scrolling happens to me also. Very annoying.

I can confirm both on ipad2. Very annoying. Copy/paste is a basic function and it is broken for months now.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Ok so I'm not the only one with CCP issues. Glad I'm not alone. It's really annoying. The other issue I have is when I'm editing a post or entering a multi-line paragraph in Safari, if I have to scroll up the courser gets stuck on screen and acts like its floating. Very annoying. It's been present in every build of iOS 8 I have used no matter the device. Never happened on 7 or 6... or 5 or 4 or hell OS 3 when CCP was introduced (at least not for me).

You are not alone. It's very annoying. I;m really surprised more people haven't experienced it.

Yes. Seems random though. Just when I'm sure it won't work, it does. Not a disaster but rather annoying nonetheless. They ought to take care of it.

I found by zooming in, and moving the area I want to copy/paste more into the middle of the screen, helps.

I'm not a huge copy/paster on my iPhone but so far, I've not run into any issues myself. Doesn't seem to be at the disaster proportion AFAIK

It's a real pain in the backside if you come across it.

Yes, I always do a clean install of iOS and it keeps happening on my iPhone 6 with 8.1.3 and previous versions, 128GB, SG.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Copy works just fine for me.... the problem is with paste that lot of the times on forums it just dont even appears after i have copied sth.... thank god there is an app like Clips. I click but i only get select or select all.... no paste option :mad:

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Sometimes I like to copy and paste paragraphs from articles when posting on online forums, but many times when I copy something and try to paste it, the paste animation disappears very quickly (less than a second) and it doesn't allow me to post the text that I have copied over. Sometimes it is almost a race between the animation disappearing and me hitting the paste button. I have never had this issue with any of the previous iOS versions and my work flow hasn't really changed at all.

Also in previous versions of Safari you could long press an image in an article and it would copy the URL of the image to clipboard. In iOS 8 it doesn't work at all. Long pressing does nothing. Very annoying.

I'm not sure I would call it a disaster, but I have had that problem and it is really annoying.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Obviously you're having this problem, though I personally have never seen this behavior. Must require a proper set of circumstances to occur.

I bought an iPhone 6 plus Thursday and it does the exact same thing. Easy to reproduce on the MacRumors home page. Same spot, same issue. It doesn't always work elsewhere though. Other apps are just fine for me.

Mostly I copy things from the web to something like Mail or Producteev, so it's not a big deal. But it's there. And it's an iOS issue since it does the same thing on different hardware running the same OS version. It was also setup as new.

Also confirmed it on the iPad 2 and iPad Air I have at work. iPad 2 on 8.1.3 and iPad Air on 8.1.1.

Spunkymunky

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2016
I have the iPhone 6s+ and I'm having a problem trying to select text (in iMessage ) so I can copy and paste it to another iMessage. It's very Aggravating. I sure hope next update fixes the problem.
A;so have same problem on my iPad Air pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.