Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
The land of delusions, CA.
I was wondering how computers are progressing with the bigger and bigger LCD screens. Is it so far fetched to consider that Apple may one day (God willing) have large HDTV computers that you simply hang on the wall with an accompanying wireless keyboard?

Maybe even have a wireless/wired hub -- a sort of iStand which had the HD drives and a wireless keyboard? That way you can take your keyboard anywhere in the room and do your work, play a movie, etc. interact with the very visible large HDTV. Sort of Jetson-esque...

Please let me know what you think about this idea. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
:D

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Well...

The Apple 23" HD Cinema Display is already HDTV aspect ratio and resolution. So, this may not be what you were asking about, but it's a start.

But how many people really want their computing on a wall like that?

I'd say the future is HDTV out on a Mac to go into a HDTV screen. I am not sure apple should be trying to design their computers to hang on a wall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.