Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a jailbroken 6s on 11.3.1. My battery has been horrible for a while now. When I go into Battery Health in Settings it says my max capacity is 80%.

I also installed BatteryLife from Cydia and it’s says my capacity is at 67%? I’m guessing I definitely need to get my battery swapped out? My phone reboots a lot, battery drains very quick even when not in use, etc. I have only a couple tweaks installed.

Anyways, will Apple give me problems being jailbroken? I heard stories of them updating people’s phones, etc. What should I do to make sure they just replace the battery and nothing else? I saw that I have until December and then the price goes up from $29 so I was going to make a Genius Bar appt for today.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
I have a jailbroken 6s on 11.3.1. My battery has been horrible for a while now. When I go into Battery Health in Settings it says my max capacity is 80%.

I also installed BatteryLife from Cydia and it’s says my capacity is at 67%? I’m guessing I definitely need to get my battery swapped out? My phone reboots a lot, battery drains very quick even when not in use, etc. I have only a couple tweaks installed.

Anyways, will Apple give me problems being jailbroken? I heard stories of them updating people’s phones, etc. What should I do to make sure they just replace the battery and nothing else? I saw that I have until December and then the price goes up from $29 so I was going to make a Genius Bar appt for today.

When you turn in your iPhone they make you sign service documentation that makes you attest that you have backed up all your data and hand over full control to Apple to either return the same device or an equivalent refurbished device back to you. Unless you agree, they will not proceed with the service. So, there is no guarantee that they will return the device with all its data and settings intact, or even the same device back to you.

My 6S+ was on iOS 10 when I turned it in for service, I got an entirely separate white box 6S+ with iOS 11 on it when I returned & had to set it up from backup.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013

I always thought they could turn you away but it’s at their discretion. Maybe things have changed.

justinkr

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2017
No. They won’t even go through any process if the see your phone was jail broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.