Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Hi - I purchased a brand new wired Apple keyboard on eBay a week ago because my old one started to have some keys stop working.

Upon receiving it, one of the letter keys does not register. The seller is being great and is offering me either a partial refund or a complete refund + return shipping; my choice. He mentioned I should be able to take the keyboard to an Apple Store and they would just replace it for free. Has anyone had experience with this? If that's true, I would rather bring in my old keyboard for a replacement and return this one.

Thanks!

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
My old keyboard was purchased maybe 3 or 4 years ago. It has the dashboard key. I think model A1243?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I doubt they would replace it being that old... hopefully someone else with similar experience can weigh in

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Hi - to update this thread for anyone who may see it in the future: Apple replaced my (NEW) keyboard with no questions asked. I just showed them my receipt from the eBay seller and they swapped it for a new one. I was surprised they did this since I purchased it from a random seller on eBay.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.