Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IrvinMT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
My phone has completely shut down it will not turn back on. It is totally unresponsive and all the methods the apple rep has told me to try will not work. I am finally going to send it in for repair through the mail and hopefully they'll fix it. But will the dent prevent them from swapping the phone all together does anyone know ?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
If you have Applecare+ they'll replace it unless you've already used your 2 claims for repair. If it is out of warranty or it still has the original 1 year warranty, they won't repair it if they find damage caused the failure which in this case I'm sure they will. They would charge you out of warranty repair/replacement fee.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My phone has completely shut down it will not turn back on. It is totally unresponsive and all the methods the apple rep has told me to try will not work. I am finally going to send it in for repair through the mail and hopefully they'll fix it. But will the dent prevent them from swapping the phone all together does anyone know ?

Is there any other damage to the phone besides a "dent"? If you have owned the iPhone for over a year without AppleCare, and if it's out of warranty, and they determine the phone is defective/damaged due to you, then they will charge you for any repairs. They will contact you and will send the phone back to you if they determine otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.