Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
will Apple's US trade-in accept unlocked iPhone 12 Pro originally purchased from Apple Store in Germany?

it's currently showing US$600 trade-in. the phone is in near-new condition... having only been used less than a few weeks since it was purchased new.

thanks!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I’ve never seen asterisks next to their trade in offers with fine print hidden somewhere saying that a trade in iphone has to have been purchased in the same country.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Of course, they can salvage the parts and flash the firmware to match whatever market they want.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
Of course, they can salvage the parts and flash the firmware to match whatever market they want.

true.... Apple can do anything to any iPhone....

I just noticed that Gazelle offers $50 more than Apple's own trade-in for the iPhone 12 Pro..... but will Gazelle it because it was originally bought in Germany? :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
As long as the phone is unlocked and can work on any US Carriers I don't see why Gazelle wouldn't accept the trade in? They do check everything including model number, serial number, imei to make sure it's clean. If they can't accept the device, they probably will e-mail you whether you want to still accept the $0 value or have it returned back to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.