Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Does anyone know if Diablo 4 will run on M1/M2 Macs? I've been wanting an M2 MacBook Air for a while, but I'm a bit concerned about gaming. Does anyone know if gaming using Parallels or other means is an option?

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
Does anyone know if Diablo 4 will run on M1/M2 Macs? I've been wanting an M2 MacBook Air for a while, but I'm a bit concerned about gaming. Does anyone know if gaming using Parallels or other means is an option?
Unfortunately not, it requires DirectX12 and Parallels/Windows on Arm doesn't support that. You may be able to stream it if you have an XBox and Onecast I think, but then you could play it on the XBox.

You could keep around a Windows box too to play games...

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK

Could you run it via Parallels? Possibly, but I think performance would be stunted based on what I saw during the open beta weekend. Blizzard is not planning to make a Mac version of the game, and most likely never will, given Activision's mentality and the Microsoft acquisition of ABK still in the works.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
If Microsoft is allowed to buy Blizzard, then Microsoft can add games like Diablo 4 on xCloud and then you can play it on your M2 MacBook Air.

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
Nvidia GeForce NOW and Game Pass will be your best options to play it on your Mac.

Locally I doubt it, unless the Proton project moves forward with macOS / Apple Silicon

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
"or other means is an option" of course, but not native...cloud is your way, i think someone here used this for beta https://shadow.tech/en-gb/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.