Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Or are 2009 Macs going to be no longer supported?
I have a Mid-2009 MBP and Early-2009 iMac. Would these run The Captain?

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer on Google. Forgot to search before posting.

But I assume 10.12 will not support 2009 Macs anymore.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I know this is already resolved, but 10.11, being for the most part a minor update with performance improvements, supports the same Macs as Yosemite/Mavericks/Mountain Lion. That includes my late 2008 MacBook Air, which I plan to install it on soon.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
I know this is already resolved, but 10.11, being for the most part a minor update with performance improvements, supports the same Macs as Yosemite/Mavericks/Mountain Lion. That includes my late 2008 MacBook Air, which I plan to install it on soon.

Yes, I read this article:
http://osxdaily.com/2015/06/09/os-x-el-capitan-system-requirements-compatible-mac/

I figured it would be a speed improvement, because this update is one of those improvement/fine-tuning kind of updates (like Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion), versus one of those new, revolutionary updates (like Leopard, Lion, and Yosemite). So it should be better.

It would be great if Apple makes another amazing finely-tuned OS like Snow Leopard. Many people think Snow Leopard is/was the best OS X ever and many people use it, but it's becoming older and older.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I figured it would be a speed improvement, because this update is one of those improvement/fine-tuning kind of updates (like Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion), versus one of those new, revolutionary updates (like Leopard, Lion, and Yosemite). So it should be better.

It would be great if Apple makes another amazing finely-tuned OS like Snow Leopard. Many people think Snow Leopard is/was the best OS X ever and many people use it, but it's becoming older and older.
Snow Leopard was and still is a great OS for older Macs (such as my late 2008 Air), especially ones with slow HDDs. That's why people continue to run it despite the security holes and growing lack of support.

10.11 should be a noticeable improvement over Yosemite once it's released, and I already prefer to call it "Snow Yosemite". Even the first beta on my 13" rMBP seems a little smoother than Yosemite was, and I'm sure further refinements are yet to come.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Snow Leopard was and still is a great OS for older Macs (such as my late 2008 Air), especially ones with slow HDDs. That's why people continue to run it despite the security holes and growing lack of support.

10.11 should be a noticeable improvement over Yosemite once it's released, and I already prefer to call it "Snow Yosemite". Even the first beta on my 13" rMBP seems a little smoother than Yosemite was, and I'm sure further refinements are yet to come.

The beta 10.11 is already faster than 10.10? Hmm, maybe I should use the public beta again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.