Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firestormy

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my iPhone screen just from being near them? Especially if a bead fell on the screen. I have a glass screen protector.

• Angry
Reactions: icanhazmac

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my iPhone screen just from being near them? Especially if a bead fell on the screen. I have a glass screen protector.
Only if the beads are made out of diamond, quartz or other item with a higher hardness rating than the display:
Look on youtube for durability tests for your device:
Something like this:

PS.
I often see people complaining of how easily the screen was scratched. "Barely touched the brick wall" was the latest. There was an obvious mark that would catch your fingernail. A quick rub with a microcloth removed the brick that marked the display, kinda like how a pencil would mark a piece of paper. Sometimes a little rub will remove the 'scratches'.

firestormy

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Would having metal things like a pocket knife in the other front pocket than my iPhone crack my iPhone SE 2020 screen since iPhone screens crack easily? Would you definitely and easily notice a crack in the screen when using and seeing the display? I do have a glass screen protector on.

• Angry
Reactions: icanhazmac

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Would having metal things like a pocket knife in the other front pocket than my iPhone crack my iPhone SE 2020 screen since iPhone screens crack easily? Would you definitely and easily notice a crack in the screen when using and seeing the display? I do have a glass screen protector on.
No more than a bead.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
I assume you’re referring to adjacent pockets, like a regular front pocket with a “coin” pocket or something like that. If that’s the case, a knife won’t scratch a modern iPhone. 😊

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Good idea to use a cheap iPhone SE until you learn the ropes of life. 😆

firestormy

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Would I very easily, definitely and immediately notice if there were any cracks on my iPhone screen? How would I know if my iPhone screen had a crack in it? Would I see or even notice it while using and looking at the display or is it something you wouldn’t miss?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Would I very easily, definitely and immediately notice if there were any cracks on my iPhone screen? How would I know if my iPhone screen had a crack in it? Would I see or even notice it while using and looking at the display or is it something you wouldn’t miss?

Why do you keep asking the almost exact same question in every single one of your total three posts? Why not give us some context?

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
If you see it, there is a scratch.
If you don't see it, it's as if there was no scratch.

HTH

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
You would notice a crack on the screen if you looked at the screen and there was a crack on the screen.

• Haha
Reactions: Splitrail

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
A crack from what?
Beads?
A pocket knife?

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
That's sort of like asking if milk expires.

Yes. You can, very clearly and blatantly, see cracks on the screen if your device is cracked.

Not to be rude, but it's sort of a curveball of a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.