Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I was wondering, if anyone thinks Apple will ever update the firmware or software, so that the HomePod Mini's can increase in MAX volume? I still think they are a bit on the low side at MAX volume and still have some room to go louder. Any chance of this happening?

Reactions: luckylisp

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
The old adage for car engines goes… “there’s no replacement for displacement.” This holds true for speakers as well. It’s a small speaker but I think it does a great job for its size. If you’re looking for louder, punchier, more filling sound, the full size HomePods are phenomenal in that regard.

To answer your question, it’s anyone’s guess. Apple has tweaked the max volume in the past, it seems, via firmware but who knows where they’ll settle at or if we’re there now. It might be at a point they believe the highest volume can be achieved while prolonging hardware life.

Reactions: Drewps5co0tt

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Yea I was thinking about upgrading to the full size but I didn't want to drop 600 bucks. So I picked up a second pair for the bedroom instead. I have a small APT so the sound is fine, I just wish it could go a tad louder.

Reactions: tarsins and Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.